Sticky Baked Chicken Wings are one of the best ways to enjoy these delicious wings. They’re easy to make, require no kitchen equipment, and you can prepare them ahead of time so you can have them ready when the craving hits. These wings are amazing served dry as a chip-n-chug or dipped in your favorite sauce for an easy mid-week meal. The secret behind sticking to crispy skin? An incredibly sticky batter that is made from scratch with real chicken.
What is Sticky Baked Chicken
Sticky baked chicken is a unique, recipe-based way to enjoy chicken wings. It’s the result of a marriage of two simple concepts: sticky wing sauce and sticky buns. The sticky wing sauce is made from the juices of chicken wings, ketchup, and brown sugar, so it’s naturally sticky. The sticky buns are toasted buns made from eggs, milk, sugar, and baking powder, which make them incredibly sticky.
How to Make Sticky Baked Chicken Wings
The sticky baked chicken is made by cooking chicken pieces in a special sticky béchamel sauce, then dusting them with flour and baking them in a 375°F oven until crispy and golden. The best part is that the sticky baked chicken is so easy to make and can be ready ahead of time.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 lbs. chicken wings split and tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili paste
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
For the wings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the wings in a resealable plastic bag. To the wings, add the sesame oil, soy sauce and lime juice. Seal the bag and mix the wings around to coat in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 3 hours.
- Spread the wings on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
For the sauce:
- While the wings are baking, combine the honey, chili paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until the mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush with the sauce. Using a metal spatula, toss to coat well. Return the tray to the oven and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until glazed and cooked through. Toss the cooked wings to coat well and serve.
Tips for Perfect Sticky Baked Chicken Wings
If you’re making the wings ahead of time, be sure to let them sit out on the counter for 30 minutes before cooking so they can dry out a little bit. If you’re making the ketchup and buns ahead of time, let them sit out for 30 minutes as well so they can dry out a little bit more. Once baked, the wings should be eaten hot or at room temperature the next day.
The Best Way to Enjoy Sticky Baked Chicken Wings
Here are a few ways to enjoy the best tasting wings: Serve them drizzled with your favorite sauce for an easy mid-week meal. Serve them as a snack. Serve them as a dipping sauce for your favorite sandwich or hotdog. Make a trail of wings going around a bun for an easy snack. Make a salad with the wings and barbecue brisket for a mid-week meal. Make a garlic butter chicken wings dish and serve with mashed potatoes for a perfect holiday meal.
Sticky Baked Chicken
Sticky Baked Chicken is a great way to enjoy some delicious wings. The best way to prepare them, of course, is in the sticky baked chicken recipe. Try these other chicken recipes too.
- How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs that Peel Easy
- Healthy freezer breakfast sandwiches
- No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake