Spicy Shrimp Sushi Roll Recipe Forever
When you think of Sushi, images of sushi rolls come to mind. Prepared in a variety of ways, from simple cucumber and salmon rolls to tempura-battered eel and spicy tuna rolls, the Japanese dish that comes to mind quickly is definitely the sushi roll. And for good reason! It’s easy to make, it’s affordable, and it tastes Amazing. However, many people don’t know how to make sushi rolls at home. Did you know that there are actually multiple ways to prepare sushi? In this article, we’ll go over some of the most popular ways to eat out with friends or family – and show you how to easily whip up your own version at home.
What is a Sushi Roll
A sushi roll is a Japanese food made of rice, fish, seaweed, and various other items. A variety of different ingredients are rolled inside a vine-ripened egg or other vegetables, then topped with a a spicy mayo, sesame oil, and a bit of wasabi for an extra kick. The egg is usually soft, not boiled, and is often served with a light salad on the side. For the most authentic experience, you can also try making your own sushi at home. Just keep in mind that the roll itself should look like a sushi roll, with the vegetables and fish being the same.
What you will need to make Spicy Shrimp Sushi Roll Recipe
This spicy shrimp sushi roll is one of our most popular rolls. The ingredients are simple – spicy tuna, avocado, and cucumber – but the roll itself is filled with flavor. To make the sushi roll, you’ll need a nori -roll, a spicy mayo and some great ingredients like spicy shrimp, cucumber and salmon. Once you’ve got that sorted out, you can easily make a sushi roll at home. What You’ll Need Japanese nori or seaweed (not dried seaweed) Spicy mayo Spicy tuna Cucumber Salmon.
- 6 shrimp
- ½ tsp chili powder
- dash salt to taste
- 6 slices seedless cucumber
- ½ avocado cut into slices
- dash pepper to taste
- ½ sheet nori cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot sliced into matchstick size
- ½ cup sushi rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 Tbs Sriracha
- ⅛ tsp White sesame seeds
- ⅛ tsp Black sesame seeds
How to make a Sushi Roll Recipe
First, you’ll need to prepare your sushi rice. You can buy sushi rice in a variety of different forms, including boxes, bags, or rice. Make sure the rice is well-aged and of good quality. If you’re not sure how to do this, refer to the instructions provided on the box. Once you’ve got your sushi rice ready, the rest is easy.
1. Combine 5-6 rice ingredients in a rice cooker or a large bowl if you’re using a smaller cooker. You’ll need to use a non-stick pan to make sure the rice doesn’t stick.
2. Set the temperature to “Warm” or “Light” and cook for 40-50 minutes, depending on your desired texture. 3. Once the rice is cooked, make sure to let it cool completely before rolling it.
4. Once the rice is cooled, add the rest of the ingredients (salmon, cucumber, tuna, onions, etc.) and gently mix until well-combined.
5. Using a plastic knife or a metal spoon, create a seaweed-like roll and place it in the center of the rice. If you’re not sure how to do this, refer to the picture.
6. Use the plastic knife or metal spoon to gently evenly smear the mayo on top of the roll.
7. Finally, place the roll in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up the roll, making sure to leave it out of the light source so it has some time to darken slightly before being eaten. It’s okay if the roll appears a little “wet” or “thick” when it comes out of the refrigerator. This is normal and expected.
Cucumber & Avocado Sushi Roll Recipe
Cucumber and avocado are a great match and make for a wonderful sushi roll. To make the sushi roll, you’ll need to gently remove the seeds from the cucumber and avocado, then place them in a bowl. Once you’ve got that out of the way, you can start to make the rest of the roll. What You’ll Need Japanese cucumber Avocado Salmon
Fried or Air-Dried sushi roll with spicy tuna and avocado: A delicious way to eat out!
This is one of our more popular rolls, and it’s a perfect recipe for when you’re looking for a quick, easy, and cheap sushi roll. The ingredients for this sushi roll are very similar to the spicy shrimp sushi roll recipe, with the exception that you’ll use sweet potato to make it even more Canadian. Once you’ve got that out of the way, you can start to make the rest of the roll. What You’ll Need Sweet potato Spicy tuna Cucumber.