Eggs have more than just protein, they are a great source of minerals like magnesium and phosphorous, as well as other nutrients your body needs to function properly. Eggs contain several types of essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce on our own. And these essential amino acids are imperative for our health. If you are looking for a complete, easy-to-make recipe for egg chicken that is both delicious and nutritious then this one is for you. It’s a simple addition to any meal but it will taste even better when served alongside a fresh green salad and some crusty bread.
How to Make the Best Salted Egg Chicken
The best way to enjoy eggs is to use them in a savory dish. There are endless possibilities with this. You can bake, saute or poach them. The main thing here is to make sure that you season the chicken carefully so that you get the maximum amount of flavor out of it. You can add some fresh herbs if you like, but make sure they are seasoned well so they don’t come across as adding an unwanted flavor.
Salted Egg Chicken Recipe – The Best Way to Enjoy a Delicious and Healthy meal
- 1 kg chicken drumlets
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing Huatiao cooking wine
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. If your salted eggs are raw, simply separate the way you would a normal egg. Once you have just the yolk, steam it in a dish over high heat for 10 minutes. It should be firm and cooked through. If your salted egg yolks come from the store cooked, try to remove a much as the whites as possible. Once the yolks are cooked, crumble with a fork until very fine and set aside.
- Cut the chicken up into even bite sized pieces. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites with a bit of cornstarch until light and frothy then add the chicken pieces, soy sauce, and shaoxing wine. This is going to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat up your oil in a heavy deep pot and set up a wire rack over a baking tray or plate. When the oil is hot, toss the chicken into cornstarch then add to the hot oil and cook until golden and crispy. Remove and let rest on the wire rack.
- In a pan, melt some butter over very low heat. When it’s all melted, add the crumbled salted egg yolks and stir. The butter and egg yolks will bubble up. Stir in some chopped chilis (if using), a pinch of sugar, and some curry or Thai basil leaves.
The BEST breakfast recipe – Easy and Healthy Oats Recipe
Here is a breakfast recipe that will always keep your energy up during the day. It is packed with protein and also healthy fats. You can make this recipe with different types of oats. The recipe can be used as a snack or a breakfast or lunch. Make sure to keep some rolled oats in the house so that you can make this easy, healthy and nutritious recipe whenever you need them.
Best way to enjoy eggs on a hot day
If you are lucky enough to get a hot, sunny day, make sure to add some dip or salad to your meal. It will always taste better when you mix it with your favorite veggies. You can use any type of bread you like, as long as it is toasted. And if you are lucky enough to be able to have your salad greens fresh from your garden or from the store, make sure to add some veggies to make it even more healthy.
Difference Between a Salted Egg and a Dry Egg
A salted egg is obtained by salting some chickens before taking them to market. The salt content is at least 2% and some may be as high as 6%. A dry egg, on the other hand, is obtained by breeding chickens without being fed any salt. Salted eggs have a much higher mineral content than unprocessed eggs, making them a better choice for certain food applications. The difference between a salted egg and a dry egg is in the flavor. The salt in a salted egg gives the egg a stronger flavor and makes the egg taste better. The difference in texture is also very small, but it is significant enough to make the difference worth considering.
Summing up about Salted Egg Chicken
Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals. They are also an excellent source of B vitamins, vitamin A and E, niacin, zinc, selenium and smelt. With all these good things, it is no wonder that eggs are also a good source of mood-boosting serotonin. Eggs are very hydrating, packed with good fats and a great source of protein. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals. You can enjoy them in many different ways, from baking to poaching to steaming, sauteing, grilling or even frying. The only downside of eggs is that they are very expensive. So, if you are looking for a complete, easy-to-make recipe for egg chicken that is both delicious and nutritious then this one is for you.