This easy homemade mac and cheese recipe comes together in just minutes and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. In this post you will find all the information on how to make an easy homemade macaroni and cheese recipe. There’s nothing like a bowl of creamy, cheesy mac and cheese. And while the boxed stuff is pretty good, nothing beats the homemade version.
What do I need to make this recipe
If you are looking for an easy and delicious macaroni and cheese recipe, look no further. This dish is sure to please everyone at the table and is so easy to make. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll have a delicious and comforting meal in no time.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups (about 12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
This is the easiest homemade mac and cheese recipe, and it’s so easy to make! This dish is always popular with kids and adults alike and is the perfect comfort food. The key to perfect mac and cheese is to use a good quality cheese and cook the pasta to perfection. This recipe uses a combination of cheddar and Gruyere cheeses, giving it a rich, savory flavor. The pasta is cooked al dente, so it’s not mushy, and the sauce is creamy and delicious. You can even add some chopped bacon or ham for a heartier meal.
How to Make Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe in 15 Minutes
Preparation: Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; Whisk together flour, salt, mustard, and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; Stir in cheese until melted. Drain macaroni; Add the cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. Burnt plate. Combine breadcrumbs and butter; sprinkle on top Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
1. Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling water until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter in same pot over low heat. Add flour; whisk until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until mixture comes to boil. Add salt and pepper. Return to boil; cook 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Add cheese; whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add macaroni; toss to coat.
3. Preheat broiler. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Transfer macaroni and cheese to prepared dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Broil until bread crumbs are browned, about 2 minutes.
How do I make the cheese sauce
There are many ways to make cheese sauce. A popular method is to melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth. Then slowly add milk and keep whisking until the mixture thickens. Finally, add the grated cheese and stir until melted and incorporated into the sauce.
Mac and cheese is a classic American dish consisting of macaroni noodles and cheese sauce. It can be made with different types of cheese but the most common is cheddar. It is usually baked in the oven, but can also be made on the stove.
The bottom line with mac and cheese is that it’s a delicious and easy-to-make meal that people of all ages can enjoy. It’s a great option for a quick and easy meal, and can easily be customized to your liking.