Did you know that chicken chili can be healthy and filling? This Healthy and Easy Chicken Chili Recipe is the best way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. This hearty chicken chili recipe is perfect for busy weekday mornings or as a light dinner option when you’re short on time. This easy to make chili recipe only requires five minutes of preparation time, then serve it warm up the next day in an easy to reheat bowl and your friends and family will be envious.
What you need for Easy chicken chili recipe?
This delicious and healthy chicken chili recipe is made with lean chicken, garlic, onion, tomato paste, tomato sauce, black pepper, salt and cumin. All of these ingredients combined will provide you with a fragrant bowl of chili that is loaded with nutrients and fiber.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1/2 tbsp, grated fresh Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp, grated fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp, Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp, Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp, Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp, Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tsp, Salt
How to make Healthy Chicken Chili Recipe?
- Pour oil into a deep pan, and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients for chicken. When oil is ready, add chicken one chunk at a time ensuring not to crowd the oil. Cook in batches for 4-5/minutes per batch or until chicken is crispy and cooked through the centre. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together water and corn starch. Once dissolved, slowly whisk in chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat oil on medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and chillis, and saute for an additional 15-20 seconds or until all ingredients are fragrant. Then add onion and sauté for 45-60 seconds or until just glossy, but still crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Whisk sauce ingredients once more to ensure the corn starch hasn’t settled at the bottom, and pour into pan. Allow to come to a full simmer, stirring consistently until thickened and glossy. Add fried onions and chicken and toss to coat.
- Garnish with sliced fresh green chillis, and serve alongside hot rice.
How to store healthy chicken chili?
If you are making the homemade version of this chili, you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five days. If you are making the store-bought version, make sure to consume the leftovers within two days.
Make Healthy Chicken Chili using frozen chicken
To make healthy chicken chili using frozen chicken, simply thaw the chicken, remove the skin and cook according to the recipe instructions. However, make sure to drain the excess liquid from the chicken before using it in the chili. If you aren’t making the homemade version of this chili, you can also try cooking it with canned or frozen chicken.
Make Healthy Chicken Chili using canned chicken
If you aren’t making the homemade version of this chili, you can also use canned or frozen chicken. This food will be greatly taste improved compared to making the homemade version. If you are making the homemade version of this chili, you can use either a can or a box of chicken. As with all canned foods, you should check the expiration date to make sure it is current.
Make Healthy Chicken Chili using dried chicken
If you aren’t making the homemade version of this chili, you can also use dried chicken. This food is going to be much tastier than the canned variety and you will not have to worry about the expiration date. If you are making the homemade version of this chili, you can either use a package of dried or fresh chicken. Make sure to soak the chicken overnight to remove the excess salt.
Make Healthy Chicken Chili without tomatoes
If you aren’t making the homemade version of this chili, you can also try making it with tomatoes instead of the tomato paste. The tomatoes will give this nutritious and healthy chicken chili a rich flavor that will make your taste buds delirious. However, if you are making the homemade version of this chili, you can use either tomatoes or tomato paste.
American food, made with ground beef, beans, vegetables and other seasonings. This chicken chili recipe is made with lean chicken, garlic, onion, tomato paste, tomato sauce, black pepper, salt and cumin. This easy to make chili recipe only requires five minutes of preparation time and twenty five minutes of cooking time. Serve it warm up for the next day in an easy to reheat bowl on oven.