Chia is one of the most hyped superfoods right now. With its high content of nutrients such as omega-3, antioxidants, and fiber, it’s easy to see why. However, this tiny little seed isn’t just for those who eat healthy. In fact, the benefits of chia are so widespread that you can even find foods with chia in them. If you’re still not convinced, check out this article on how much chia a person should eat each day.
Chia Peanut Butter Balls are one of these healthy snacks that contain chia seeds. They are quick and easy to make and will leave you feeling full and satisfied after eating only a few bites. Chia Peanut Butter Balls are also light on your waistline since they have just 20 calories per ball; they don’t even add any unnecessary fat or oil to the mix either. This makes them almost ideal as an after-dinner snack if you’re watching your weight – or anytime really.
What are the Chia Peanut Butter Balls
These peanut butter balls are a great snack option if you are looking to add more nutrition to your diet. The chia seeds contained within give these peanut butter balls an extra boost of nutrients, while their low fat content makes them ideal after-dinner snacks. Furthermore, they are also relatively low in calories, so they can be eaten as a snack anytime without adding extra calories to your diet.
How to Make Chia Peanut Butter Balls
These peanut butter balls are super easy to make and all you need is a mixing bowl, a spoon and some peanut butter. Simply place the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon until a peanut butter dough forms. Next, roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container until you are ready to eat them. You can store these in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. They will stay fresh for a longer time if you seal them in an airtight container.
Chia Peanut Butter Balls – A Tasty and Nutritious Snack!
- 1 Saucepan
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 31/4 tsp water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Blitz the oats for around 3 seconds. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, water, vanilla and chia seeds and blitz again until well combined.
- Add a splash of water , to get the mixture to come together.
- Roll into 12 balls and keep in the fridge.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for up to a month.
Nutrition and Recipe for Chia Peanut Butter Balls
Nutrition-wise, these peanut butter balls are next-to-nothing. With just 20 calories per ball and no fat or sugar added, they are perfect as a snack that won’t add any unnecessary calories to your diet. They are also a good source of fibre, protein, and minerals.
Tips for making perfect Chia Peanut Butter Balls
- When making the peanut butter recipe, be sure to use natural peanut butter instead of the smooth variety. While the spread is high in calories, most of the fat is natural and healthy fats.
- You can also make these peanut butter balls with almond butter instead of peanut butter for a vegan version.
- Make sure you store these peanut butter balls in an airtight container so that they stay fresh for a longer period of time.
- You can also make these peanut butter balls with cashew or sunflower butter for a lower-fat option.
Last word about chia peanut butter balls
These peanut butter balls are a great for snack if you are looking to add more nutrients to your diet while also staying within a healthy calorie count. They are also relatively low in fat and sugar, so they are ideal as a snack after dinner.